TLHS has filled the available openings. Please check back for future promotions.
Thanks to a grant funded by Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi (TMMMS), we are able to offer limited number of free spay and neuter services to qualifying individuals. The grant does not include animals under the care of any humane society or rescue organization.
To be eligible for this free spay and neuter service, you must meet the following criteria:
- Household income must be less than $30,000
- Applicants must bring all the household’s 2016 W-2 tax forms to the shelter
- Applicants must reside in Lee, Pontotoc, Union, Prentiss, Itawamba, Monroe, or Chickasaw counties
- Applicants must bring valid photo ID and 2 proofs of residency other than W-2 (i.e. utility bill, insurance, car registration)
- Each animal will receive a rabies vaccination, spay or neuter, deworming, and a routine vaccination (dog and puppies will receive distemper/parvo and cats/kittens will receive FVRCP), and one dose of flea prevention
- Great Danes and brachycephalic dogs (shortened muzzle breeds such as Boxers, English Bulldogs, Boston Terriers, Pugs, French Bulldogs, Shih-tzu and Pekingese) or any dog over 80 pounds are not eligible for surgeries through TLHS.
TLHS reserves the right to refuse any animal that the attending veterinarian deems not viable for anesthesia and/or surgery.
If you are interested please contact the Tupelo Lee Humane Society at (662) 841-6500 or visit TLHS at 2400 South Gloster St. Tupelo, MS 38801.
We would like to thank Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Mississippi for granting us this opportunity to better serve the pets in our community.